Using Nara Palace Site Historical Park
Precautions and requests when visiting the park
Please observe the following rules while visiting the park:
- In order to protect the park’s natural environment, it is prohibited to remove plants, insects, or other animals from the park.
- Please do not damage or collect plants.
- Please do not catch animals.
- Never approach dangerous animals such as pit vipers or hornets.
- It is prohibited to use fire, for example by making an open fire or setting off firecrackers.
- Please contact the Park Office (0744-54-2441) in the event of an accident or other problem.
- Please follow the instructions of park personnel.
Please do not bring the following items into the park:
- Firearms or swords (including model guns, wooden swords, bamboo swords, etc.)
- Fire-related materials (firecrackers, gunpowder, or flammable gas [except lighters])
- Baseball equipment (unless made of PVC)
- Golf equipment
- Roller skates, skateboards, etc.
- Model airplanes or engine-powered models (including drones)
- Boomerangs, bows and arrows, pachinko equipment
- Large tents or beach umbrellas
- Karaoke or other audio equipment
- Other objects that would interfere with other visitors’ ability to use park facilities
Please do not engage in the following prohibited conduct in the park:
- Damaging or soiling the park (including facilities located there)
- Picking or collecting plants
- Capturing, killing, or injuring animals
- Collecting or piling up dirt or rocks or otherwise changing the natural topography of the park
- Using fire, for example by making a fire, using a gas- or oil-fueled cooking burner, or setting off firecrackers
- Entering prohibited areas or driving a vehicle outside of areas where use of vehicles is explicitly allowed
- Riding a unicycle, skateboard, etc.
- Smoking in locations where no ashtray is provided
- Making noise in a way that clearly detracts from other visitors’ ability to enjoy the park
- Interfering with other visitors’ safety or their ability to make use of park facilities
- Displaying advertisements